Touch Scrolling

Jun 16, 2010 at 2:32 AM

Hi, first of all i am new to programming in windows mobile... I am developing an application for windows mobile and i need to apply the touch gestures for scrolling, I don't know how i can make my forms scrollable, can any one help me out or guide me to some good tutorials...

All i need to do is make my forms scrollable with finger touch, cause they can only be scrolled from the scroll bars. But i can't find a way to do it.

if there is a way that i can do it using the fluid...

sorry if it's a silly question but i am still a beginner

Thanks for now.

Jun 16, 2010 at 3:24 PM
Edited Jun 16, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I've investigated a number of approaches for this, the simplest I've found is to use the managed wrappers for gesture support supplied by Microsoft - there is an Auto Gesture control you add to a form and specify a parent (the form) and a child (the large panel underneath that moves based on gestures) and all the gubbins is done for you.

A good starting point for this is http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/gestureswm

It does require WM6.x however, and if run on anything earlier will crash. It is also relatively choppy in terms of performance - it is simply moving the panel around on the form.

Fluid Controls does support a similar kind of behaviour, however does have a slightly higher learning curve, however when I got my head around it I've found it quite nice to work with. It will work on anything WM5 onwards, and I've found myself customising the Fluid source to a certain degree, such as allowing the FluidTemplate in a FluidListBox to determine the height of the item rather than the item itself (don't know why this wasn't done in the first place) - much to my detriment I'm sure when I need to merge these changes in with further releases :(

There are a number of other possibilities, both commercial and open source, however I've found the Fluid control library the more interesting and powerful to work with, at least once I've stripped out the iphone-esque skinning (eww) into something a bit nicer :)

Jun 16, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Thanks very much for posting back! :) i really appreciate... I will check out the link you gave me, cause i have been searching for a way how i can make my form scrollable for a week...

thanks for now :)

keep up the good work...